SCERT, Kerala has invited the online application for State Level National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) 2014-15. Students can apply online through the website http://www.scert.kerala.gov.in/ from 2-09-2014 to 25-09-2014. Date of State Level NTSE Scholarship Examination 2014-15 is November 02, 2014.
Eligibility for applying for the State Level NTSE 2014 – 15
Only those pupils who are studying in Class X during 2014 – 15 on any Government/ Aided/ Recognised schools/ Kendriya Vidhyalaya/ Navodaya Vidhyalaya in Kerala are eligible to apply for the State Level NTSE.
Pupils who have secured not less than 55% for all non-language subjects in the qualifying examination of class IX of 2013-14 will be admitted.
How to apply :
1. Pupils are directed to apply Online through http://www.scert.kerala.gov.in/.
2. Do not apply online more than one time. If correction is necessary click ‘Online application Editing.’ Then enter your application ID and application Number and do the necessary corrections.
3. After necessary corrections confirm your application. After confirmation editing is not possible.
4. After confirmation click submit and get the hardcopy of your online application.
5. The hard copy of the online application should be accompanied by
a. The original DD for Rs. 100/- in favour of the Director SCERT drawn on or before 25 th September 2014 payable at SBT service branch
Thiruvananthapuram (SC/ST/BPL categories are exempted from fees).
b. Students belonging SC/ST/BPL categories should send the photocopy of the caste/BPL certificate.
c. Physically challenged candidates must produce a medical certificate from the competetent authority that the candidate suffers from 40% or more as
per the PWD Act 1995.
6. The hard copy of the Online application may be sent by post to the following address:
The Liaison Officer
The State Level NTS Examination
Thiruvananthapuram – 12
Procedure of the Test
1. The NTSE test will be conducted in Two Parts. Each part will be held in 90 minutes duration time.
2. Part I – Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) will comprises of 90 objective type questions from Social sciences, Science subjects and Mathematics.
3. Part II consists of Mental Ability Test (MAT )& Language Comprehensive Test which will comprise 50 Questions (objective) in Mental Ability Test and 40 question (objective) in Language comprehension Test (40 questions in Malayalam Language and 40 questions in English Language). Candidates can choose either Malayalam or English for Language comprehension Test.
4. Marks scored for language comprehension test will not be considered for ranking.
5. But candidates must score a minimum for 40% marks in Language Comprehension Test.
6. Candidate can choose English, Malayalam, Tamil or Kannada as medium of Examination for SAT & MAT.
Important dates of NTSE 2014
Starting Date of Online Registration : 02/09/2014
Last Date of Online Registration : 25/09/2014, 5 PM
Last Date of Receipt of Printed Application Form : 30/09/2014, 5 PM
Issue of Online Hall Ticket : 18/10/2014 onwards
Date of Examination : 02/11/2014
The Stage II (National Level) examination is tentatively fixed for 10th May, 2015 (Sunday).
For more details on the Kerala state level examination visit http://www.education.kerala.gov.in/ and http://www.scert.kerala.gov.in/
NTSE 2014 Kerala State Level Exam Apply Online